The Greek system at Northwest Missouri State University began in 1928. Phi Mu Fraternity was the fourth National Panhellenic Council sorority to be recognized on campus by installing 27 founding members into the Zeta Lambda chapter on February 25, 1961. For over 50 years now, Phi Mu has been active both on campus and within the Maryville community.
Today five National Panhellenic Council sororities at Northwest
Missouri State University all share a residence at Roberta Hall.